Frequently Asked Questions - Page 2
The frequency of duct cleaning varies depending on the home and the preference of the home owner. Typically, every 5 years is sufficient. There are a few things to consider when thinking about how often to have your ducts cleaned:
- Do you have pets that shed a high amount of hair and dander?
- Do you have smokers in your household?
- If anyone in your household has allergies, you may want to have your ducts cleaned more often.
- If you just moved in to a home, it may be a good idea to have the ducts thoroughly cleaned.
- After a home remodeling, a heavy amount of dust and debris can be generated during a renovation.
A thorough duct cleaning will usually cost between $300 and $500, depending on the size of the home. Beware of companies offering cut rate duct cleaning services. This is a well-known bait and switch tactic, and you could end up paying much more than you expected, or the company may not performa proper duct cleaning. The Better Business Bureau has issued a warning about such services. Please see this article for more information
There are several possible explanations for this.
- The behavior of the members of your household may have changed. Examples may be turning the heat up higher for a longer duration, leaving windows open, taking longer showers, etc.
- Outdoor temperatures and weather may be different this year than last year.
- You added air conditioning when you previously did not have it in your home.
- Energy prices may have risen.
- You may have a problem with your ductwork or insulation.
- Your system may not have been properly installed.
- Your system may not have been properly sized for your home before installation.
- We have been serving theGreater Rochester Area since 1923
- We have NATE certified technicians
- We are a York Certified Comfort Expert dealer, meaning we get the absolute best pricing from York.
- HVAC engineers on staff
- If you are interested in a new comfort system, you will receive more quality information from our Free Energy Analysis than from any other company's bid.
Here are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- How long do I plan on living in my home? The answer to this question will affect the return on investment of any high efficiency system.
- How concerned am I about my family's carbon footprint?
- Is having a comfortable home a high priority for me and/or my family?
- Are financing options important to me? Betlem Residential offers a wide variety of financing options, helping you make cost effective improvements to your comfort system.
- Does anyone in my family suffer from allergies? If so, you may consider exploring some Indoor Air Quality products such as improved filters, air cleaners, or UV air purifiers.